Hard-Working White Plains Attorneys Provide Estate Litigation Assistance in Westchester County
Our lawyers find positive resolutions in estate disputes
The death of a loved one is a distressing time, especially if there are questions about that person’s estate and assets. At Giannasca & Shook, PLLC, we represent you in court during estate litigation proceedings to uphold your loved one’s will and properly administer his or her estate. We pledge compassionate and communicative legal counsel at all times to keep you in the loop about the progress of your case, allowing you to remain at ease while you mourn the death of someone close to you.
Compassionate counsel from White Plains estate litigation lawyers
Estate administration is a complex process and can be overwhelming for the individual named as executor. These complications compound when litigation is necessary to resolve estate issues. At Giannasca & Shook, PLLC, we go to court to find positive resolutions for you in estate administration disputes such as:
- Contested wills. In some cases, disputes arise over the validity of a will based on the competence of the deceased, improper signing or witnessing, forgery, influences placed on the deceased or other factors. We analyze your loved one’s trusts and estates to determine their validity and allow you to move on with the administration process.
- Will construction proceedings. If there are clarifications needed in a will, our attorneys analyze the document and clear up any ambiguity.
- Fiduciary removal. When trustees, guardians, executors or conservators engage in misconduct or demonstrate incompetence, we remove them from their position as determined in the will.
- Accounting issues. We assist you with any tax issues, investment policies or other financial procedures that arise when administering the estate.
- Trust challenges. In some cases, the individual given control of assets or property may not act responsibly. We represent you when you wish to challenge or defend the trust or the actions of any trustee.
- Spousal rights issues. If there are any questions about the rights of a spouse to inherit portions of the estate, our attorneys analyze the existing prenuptial or ante nuptial agreements and their validity to determine which rights exist.
Contact our attorneys for assistance with estate litigation in White Plains
When you require representation for estate litigation, contact the attorneys of Giannasca & Shook, PLLC at 914-220-0216 or online. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss the issues surrounding the administration of your loved one’s estate. We serve families throughout the Hudson Valley, Westchester County and New York City.